Welcome

This blog aims to chart my rise from middle aged, slightly overweight lazy so and so, to lean, mean cycling machine. Done on a budget in both terms of money and time, if it inspires you great, if it amuses you great also.

Sunday 4 December 2011

At last....

Having had a rotten time in the past two months, hardly any cycling, either through injury or working long hours, I finally managed to get out for a reasonable ride today, only 18 miles, but wind made it quite hard in places. Still, as it was cold (ish) I am satisfied I have the right clothing to keep going through the winter, but breathing cold air has left me with a sore throat and a cough.
It didn't start well, my daughter announcing that I looked like santa claus. I am hoping she was referring to the red and black bib tights and red jacket as opposed to my girth.
Still it felt good to be out on the road, it's a bare arsed place in the winter, quite raw in places, and a complete contrast to summer.
Doesn't look like I'll make 2000 miles from April, these last two months of inactivity have left me some 270 miles short. I'll struggle to make that unless I get some big ones in over the next few weekends.
However next years target of 3000 miles will be a fun challenge, no excuses about bike, weather, time etc. Average of 250 miles a month needed. I'm also thinking of other challenges, perhaps a number of century rides, metric and imperial, increased average speed etc etc.
At least cycling now feeling good again, roll on the next ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment