Welcome

This blog aims to chart my rise from middle aged, slightly overweight lazy so and so, to lean, mean cycling machine. Done on a budget in both terms of money and time, if it inspires you great, if it amuses you great also.

Wednesday 15 February 2012

New year same shit

A while since I reported, and truth to tell, not that much to report.
Turns out riding out in the cold is not so bad. Cold being a comparative term of course - several rides at minus 2, the only thing I can't get a grips with are my toes. In fact riding in the cold provides clarity to the air that filters through to a clarity of mind as well.
In January I managed 340 miles, one of my best monthly miles completed. In total now I am up to 2301, and have identified a new target for April to March this will be 2485 miles, or 4000 km of riding in one full year. Not a bad start to what will hopefully see me riding till very old age.
Nice to ride with some different people as well, especially being present on a friends first 50 mile, nice to share his joy at the achievement. Followed by a smug feeling that I had 12 miles to ride home still!
Bike still running beautifully, though it's lost some of it's good looks. This is entirely my fault, in fitting a saddle that is very comfy but does not match the colour scheme at all! This was another knownothingbozo pointless bid on ebay on something I didn't really want, but bidded anyway! I now find myself with an ugly saddle, which I'll have to sell, in order to fund a beautiful but equally comfy saddle! Dumbass. 
I'm finding that I am reliant on riding now to clear out the bad stuff that people do. They are on the increase and there seems to be no stemming the flow of nastiness that people do. Still it still shocks me and pisses me off, so I think I'll carry on a bit longer.
Looking foward to spring now and starting to get some big rides in, and even contemplating a few sportives.

No comments:

Post a Comment