Welcome

This blog aims to chart my rise from middle aged, slightly overweight lazy so and so, to lean, mean cycling machine. Done on a budget in both terms of money and time, if it inspires you great, if it amuses you great also.

Thursday 23 February 2012

That's it....for now

So finally the bike is a confirmed sub 8kg, including pedals, and bottle cages, not sure why specifically, but this has been a target since CC started me on this whole weight saving game.
New saddle arrived, hopefully that will solve the recent numbness in the gentlemans area problems.
I've also got myself a GPS bike computer, which not only works wonderfully, but also looks much better than sensors here and sensors there.
So I guess now, that's it for the bike build, other than replacement parts for worn out / broken bits, otherwise I think the soup dragon would cut off soup supplies if I brought anything else.
Now the nights are getting lighter, no excuses for not getting out, 4000km in a year is definitely on the cards, fingers crossed for continued good weather.
Also on the good news front Chris Boardman, who knows alot about bikes clearly said that cold air is more dense than hot air due to the low pressure. This means that the struggle I am having to maintain the speeds I achieved in summer has a scientific reason, not just me being a fat knacker.
Lighter bike, fitter person, less dense air, come spring time, I'll be a two wheeled rocket!

No comments:

Post a Comment