Welcome

This blog aims to chart my rise from middle aged, slightly overweight lazy so and so, to lean, mean cycling machine. Done on a budget in both terms of money and time, if it inspires you great, if it amuses you great also.

Tuesday 26 April 2011

Things I have learnt part 2.

In the latest of lifes cycling lessons, here are some more things I have learn since taking up cycling. 
1. The people you love the most can hurt you most deeply. This evening when I returned from my ride, my wife passed me in the car. She waited at the garage for me to tell me that I wasn't riding very fast. Then just to make sure I was out as well as down she told my daughter to look up Big Daddy the wrestler to see me in my bib shorts.


Well Mrs Knownothingbozo, I was on my warm down(!) and I have never knowingly belly splashed anyone. 


2. The rape seed fields around Bredgar are beautiful at any time of the day, in the late evening sunshine, they are awesome. Not helpful when our local council leave holes the size of cheddar gorge at the side of the road awaiting the cyclist (or motorist or biker) who just happens to galnce sideways at natures masterpiece at the wrong time.

3. Even after a lovely sunny day, evening in April, especially with a stiff breeze can be bloody chilly.

There must be something about this lark that is getting me hooked. At 11 miles had a choice, one and half miles home if I turn right, 4 if I turn left. I was knackered and bit chilly, but turned left anyway.
15 miles this evening, and I note that I have now passed 100 miles on my bike. It gives me an idea of what challenge I could set myself for May - given that I'll be back to work and thus will have other matters competing for my attention.  Perhaps a 200 mile month?

No comments:

Post a Comment