Welcome

This blog aims to chart my rise from middle aged, slightly overweight lazy so and so, to lean, mean cycling machine. Done on a budget in both terms of money and time, if it inspires you great, if it amuses you great also.

Tuesday 7 June 2011

Back in the saddle again...

Like a love affair gone wrong, trust was lost and the drama of the BB weighed heavily on my mind. Doom and gloom surrounded, added to by a poorly bottom, sore throat and crappy weather. I struggled to achieve 6 miles on Saturday, knowing that my bike may soon be no more.
I'd contacted the seller the day before, to be greeted by the can't do attitude I love so much, "it's unlikely to be covered by the warranty as its a wearable part" - I know I've done an enormous 400 miles, but surely it should last longer than that? Still I took it off on the 120 mile round trip to the shop on Monday, truth to be told, not expecting ever to see it again, until it became exhibit A in the people versus national bike chain.
Phoned the next day - determined to be chirpy and polite on the phone, surprisingly glad to hear it's all fixed. BB now fitted properly, everything else serviced, will our love survive?
A bit of pampering with new handlebar tape (extra gel for my soft office workers hands) and a funky new non dribble bottle for me, quick blast around an 8 mile course, average speed of 15.8 mph and the love affair is rekindled. Turns out it was all a big misunderstanding. No creaking, clicking or squeaking except for the normal ones coming from me.
So it's back in the saddle again. Going to have to go some to get 200 miles in this month, especially with holiday coming up, but I'll give it a go. All I need is some reasonable weather, a bit less wind will be nice, and off I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment