Welcome

This blog aims to chart my rise from middle aged, slightly overweight lazy so and so, to lean, mean cycling machine. Done on a budget in both terms of money and time, if it inspires you great, if it amuses you great also.

Wednesday 1 June 2011

Out with the old one and in with the new

So May is over, and we are into June, the 1st of June, as a regimental tradition, I hoped to make it a Glorious one, with an increased best average speed. Perfect day, little wind in comparison with the normal howling gails, feeling good, what can go wrong? Not wanting to cheat myself, I settled on an up and down route to Upchurch and back, arrived back, 1 hour 4 minutes later, thinking I'd be satisfied with 17 mph as an improvement, and feeling that I was consistently fast in most places, only to be kicked in the proverbials when my sneering schyster of a computer reported back an average of 15.7 mph. Really? For all that effort. You git.

Anyhow, Mays targets achieved, 13 rides gave me 247 miles, average speed of 14.6, so there's my bench mark. Now to find some rocket propulsion.

1 comment:

  1. Got a big Tub of Protein Revolution arrive today, that could be the rocket propulsion you require!

    ReplyDelete