Welcome

This blog aims to chart my rise from middle aged, slightly overweight lazy so and so, to lean, mean cycling machine. Done on a budget in both terms of money and time, if it inspires you great, if it amuses you great also.

Wednesday 15 June 2011

Just a riding in the rain....

After a few days of watching 2600 reminders of how rotten people can be at times, I needed a good ride out to clear my soul. Took CC's advice yesterday and had a ride at 5.30 in the morning, 8 miles, no energy, cold and not happening again. Tonight back to a better routine, yes I know it's often more windy in the evening, and yes it was this evening. It was also very wet. But 20 miles later, in just over an hour and 10 minutes, soaked through to the bone, I feel good.
I also added another retro cycling T-shirt to my collection, it's odd that I only ever win the ones no-one else bids on, must be I have better taste than the rest of the country. You fashionista cyclists out there may mock me, but on the Great Kent Bike Ride on Sunday, the announcer was still talking about my vintage Gerolsteiner team shirt long after I'd passed the start line. I didn't hear him talk about anyone elses jersey.
Now starting to understand the need for a proper plan for my riding, so I am going to make use of rest days, and do more consistent distances. Leading to a big one of 40 miles plus at weekends (I know it's not big by everyones standards but I'm a bloke - size is relative).
Latest thing to add to my list of things learnt - I like riding in the rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment