Welcome

This blog aims to chart my rise from middle aged, slightly overweight lazy so and so, to lean, mean cycling machine. Done on a budget in both terms of money and time, if it inspires you great, if it amuses you great also.

Sunday 19 June 2011

Divorce is on the cards

About 25 years ago, I ran 20 miles for the first time. I remember getting to the end and my legs wanted to keep going. Not so today. Today after 51.5 miles of cycling, my legs have served legal notice on me that they intend to apply for a divorce. I explained that as the fuit of the loins of two people who failed to make a combined age of 80 years, I needed to do something to get fit and extend my (and my legs) life. They announced that they believed in the afterlife and had been promised prime spot on the front half of three toed sloth. We are now undergoing a trial separation.
Talking memories, I don't recall  there being so much wind in the past. It seems like every day the wind is upwards of 12 mph, because of where I live it's very hard to ride out into the wind and back again with the wind. That made todays 50 even more of a challenge, add to that intermittent rain showers and it was a proper challenge. For me at least. I feel good though, in the soul, if not the body. Not sure I'll be doing that far every weekend though. It's certainly boosted my months total mileage, at one point 200 this month looked unlikely, I'm now up to 183, and feel confident with three rides left that I'll be fine. Then a whole week of no cycling, cooked breakfasts in the morning (camping tradition) and beer. Next month I'll have to do 300!

No comments:

Post a Comment