Welcome

This blog aims to chart my rise from middle aged, slightly overweight lazy so and so, to lean, mean cycling machine. Done on a budget in both terms of money and time, if it inspires you great, if it amuses you great also.

Monday 30 May 2011

Coming home

I enjoy going away, especially with the soup dragon, and this weekend was no exception. I always like coming home as well, with the major thing to look forward to being a nice cuppa tea. However now we go camping, there's always a good cuppa available. What do I now miss? My bike of course. We've not even known each other for two months, but instead of planning who would make the tea, whilst the car was unpacked, my thoughts turned to how long I can legitimately leave it before going off for a ride, without danger of evil looks from my wife.
Chores all done, everything packed till next time, (I'm sure I could have fitted my bike in the car if we left the kitchen sink behind), quick couple of sandwiches and off I go.
Oare and back, 21.2 miles averaged at 15.4, I love cycling. I've now done 410 miles on the bike, total for this month up to 246, with one day still to go!
Now I need a plan to combine cycling and camping, near the sea side, Angela on the beach all day, me off on the bike?

No comments:

Post a Comment