Welcome

This blog aims to chart my rise from middle aged, slightly overweight lazy so and so, to lean, mean cycling machine. Done on a budget in both terms of money and time, if it inspires you great, if it amuses you great also.

Saturday 21 May 2011

Perfect day

The beautiful wife, who apparently is clearly NOT the soup dragon (even though she is the one who feeds us and on whom we all rely on) is out on a shopping trip, the kids are out, the sun is out, so I got on my bike and did the same. Nice 21 mile round around Upchurch, Hartlip etc, average speed just over 15 mph, and bringing this months total to 168 miles. A good end to a good week of work. Need to keep on, because this week is my last chance to hit my target, 32 miles by Thursday effectively.
I reached my 30 mph target the other day as well - well not exactly, down oak hill free wheeling and scared stiff! Watching the two tours currently taking place, it's amazing to watch the loonatic speed these professionals do. Still I can ride a bike, can they do what I do.
I've clearly now got it in me to do 20 miles on a fairly regular basis, in fact if I do less than 15 miles I am feeling guilty. I now need a plan to step up to regular longer distance rides at the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment