Welcome

This blog aims to chart my rise from middle aged, slightly overweight lazy so and so, to lean, mean cycling machine. Done on a budget in both terms of money and time, if it inspires you great, if it amuses you great also.

Thursday 5 May 2011

Exhileration, fist pumping and flies.

I did it! 15 miles in one hour, varied terrain, between my house, and around the country lanes. All part of a 20.55 mile ride with an average speed of 15.2 mph. Loved it. Even the short sharp hills where I feel like I could do with some extra weight! (For the pedals).  I could truly get addicted to this. Not as breezy as it has been, sun out, early finish from work and the opportunity to get out with no time constraints. 20 miles is a good contribution to my 200 mile a month target as well. Also I'm now on 188 miles since I got the bike - so looking forward to the next ride which will take it over the 200 mark.
It's a while since I have had a fist pumping celebration - maybe identifying baby Ben in Op Starlight may be the last one. This time though, I saw the computer tick over to the one hour mark, checked the distance - 15.3 miles! Fist pumping here we go. Looney.
In places the fly bombardmet was so hard and fast I could hear them pinging off my helmet - reminded me of a few houses I've been in. Top investment is my riding glasses, most eagerly awaited for invention -  fly swallowing prevention device - that allows you to gasp for breath at the same time.
Things to avoid - looking at the speeds, distances and averages of other riders - could be in for a dissapointing shock!

No comments:

Post a Comment