Welcome

This blog aims to chart my rise from middle aged, slightly overweight lazy so and so, to lean, mean cycling machine. Done on a budget in both terms of money and time, if it inspires you great, if it amuses you great also.

Wednesday 4 May 2011

Variations on a theme

So last night, I was duty taxi driver and chef, so had very little time on my hands to do anything meaningful bike wise. However I still had itchy feet and needed to get out. Not yet up to interval training, though I think I may have the idea location, I decided to get out and do what I call the Stickfast loop, as quick as I could.
Still windy, and surprisingly cold, I managed the 7.9 miles in 29 minutes 54 seconds. So just for a bit of fun, I think I'll keep records of these and see how the time improves. Mind you it showed me what I will have to do to get the 15 miles in an hour target achieved! I suspect I'm a long way from that.
Next step, write myself a proper training plan and read up about nutrition. Though the danger here is that the whole matter becomes the very thing that has always stopped me from doingt regular fitness. Perhaps there'll be a middle ground somewhere. 

No comments:

Post a Comment