Welcome

This blog aims to chart my rise from middle aged, slightly overweight lazy so and so, to lean, mean cycling machine. Done on a budget in both terms of money and time, if it inspires you great, if it amuses you great also.

Saturday 9 July 2011

I'm a lucky man.

Today I set out to tick off one of my personal milestone targets, with the aim of cycling 100 km. To do this, I had to cycle somewhere where the return journey wouldn't kill me. Up steps the wonderful soup dragon, and agrees to pick me up from wherever I get to.
Off I set at 0900, having "carbed up" Get me with the lingo, plenty of fluids on board, and the knowledge that if I do nothing else, getting out for a ride, is better than being sat on my arse.
Down the road to Faversham, Whitstable, then Reculver, coast to Margate, across to Sandwich, then Deal and UP to Dover. The Deal to Dover ride was excrutiating, into the wind and nearly always up hill. Hurtled white knuckled down Jubilee Way, not daring to even glance at the cruise liners in port, and onto Marine Parade. One length up and back rounded off 63 miles, giving me a distance of about 101km. Smiley face.
My beautiful wife picked me up, and wasn't at all impressed, either with the accomplishment, or even being there. It's a personal thing I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment